The TQC Karsten Tube Penetration Test is a simple test for measuring the degree or water penetration into building materials such as concrete, stone and plaster. The test consists or a glass tube filled with water, bonded to the test material with plastiline. Water pressure is then exerted on the surface. A graduated scale indicates, over time, the amount or water penetrated into the surface.
- The TQC Karsten Tube Penetration Test contains 3 tubes for horizontal surfaces, 3 tubes for vertical surfaces (or at choice any other combination of total 6 tubes), a water bottle, marker and putty to place the tubes leak-tight on the surface. Additional vertical or horizontal tubes are available on request.
- Used for detection of coating porosity (pin-holes, or holidays) in dielectric (insulation type) coatings on conductive substrates, including concrete.
- The TQC Karsten Test kit contains
- 3 tubes for horizontal surfaces
- 3 tubes for vertical surfaces
- water bottle
- market and putty to place the tubes leak-tight on the surface