The TQC Conical Bend Test “Basic” is a simplified version of the TQC Conical Bend Test “Pro” (SP1830) It is a laboratory apparatus to bend coated test panels over a conical shaped mandrel in order to assess the elasticity or resistance of a coating-, paint or varnish to cracking, elongation and/or detachment from a metal test panel in accordance with ISO 6860 and ASTM D522. The conical shape of the bending area allows the deformation of the test panel and examination of the elasticity range of a coating over any diameter between 3.1 and 38 mm in one single test. The sample panel is secured by means of two clamping knobs which has to be tightened and untightened by turning respectively clockwise or anti-clockwise.
- Sturdy apparatus made of a combination of anodized aluminium and stainless steel.
- Large knob on bending arm for easy and smooth bending.
- Mandrel range: 3.1 to 38 mm dia.
- Test panel size: 100 X 180 mm
- Max. panel thickness: 0.8 mm
- Apparatus dimensions: 110 x 270 x 100 mm
- Weight: 3300 grams